Winner of the Evening Standard Best New Development Award in the Retirement Living sector, Carriages is a stunning collection of one and two-bedroom apartments in the heart of Purley.
The simple pleasures of home were a central point of reference in the community’s design. The resulting apartments are light, spacious and welcoming, and some are equipped with private roof terraces or gardens.
Architects Woods Bagot have created a five-storey building with exposed brickwork and bronze features that reference the community’s location just south of the old tracks of the Surrey Iron Railway; for many years its horse-drawn carriages transported goods from the North Downs to the Thames. The landscapers also found inspiration in this railway heritage, creating borders of coarse stone beds and wildflowers.
Prices start from £340,000 - contact us to find out more about our Carriages community.
Make an enquiry
Call our sales team on:
020 3308 2550
Or email us:
840 Brighton Road
- Sky Lounge: The ideal space to relax and socialise with your neighbours
- Roof Terrace: Accessible from the Sky Lounge, offering extensive, picturesque views across Purley.
- Social Kitchen: The development's bustling social hub. Ideal for entertaining.
- Guest Suite: For visiting family and friends.
- Lifehost: A friendly on-site Lifehost who pours all their energy into the community as well as providing a sense of safety and security
- Lift to all floors
- Pets are welcome
- Living Area: Enjoying views of the surrounding greenery, Carriages' spacious, open-plan living areas maximise natural light and bring the outdoors in.
- Kitchen: The kitchens' sleek, grey-tile flooring is complemented by the joinery and glossy wall tiles. Concealed banquette storage and efficient, easy-to-use appliances are also included.
- Bedrooms: Filled with natural light, the bright and airy bedoroms offer excellent storage space, including plenty of wardrobe space.
- Bathrooms: In calming tones of white and green, the stylish bathrooms feature a large shower and vanity mirror.
- Situated in the green and affluent district of Purley
- 5-minute walk to Purley station and the town centre
- Located within walking distance of a variety of local amenities including boutiques, restaurants, bars and much more
- Direct connections into Central London
- A multitude of green spaces and tree-lined parks to explore
Living in Purley
Surrounded by parkland and golf courses, Purley is a green and affluent neighbourhood. With excellent transport links from East Croydon station and the M23 and A22, it’s easy to enjoy everything that London and the South East has to offer.
Nearby on Brighton Road, you'll find local conveniences such as a bank, Post Office, pharmacy and opticians, while the town is bursting with boutiques, restaurants and independent coffee shops. Two golf clubs, a literary society and a debating society are just some of the local activities you can get involved in, while Purley’s tree-lined parks lend themselves to leisurely strolls in all seasons.
Make an Enquiry
To find out more about our Carriages community, and to be kept up to date with our on-site news and events at this age exclusive community, please make an enquiry and register your interest today.